We have been notified that the Chermside Bowls Club is hosting a major function on Saturday 3rd June. They are expecting approximately 350+ people in addition to their normal bowls activities.
What does this mean?
From approximately 8.30am – 12 o’clock there will be enormous pressure on the parking facilities at BNA with people entering and leaving the area.
We expect entering and leaving the car park could be difficult and possibly time consuming.
The BNA and the Bowls Club have met and are working on a plan to assist with parking and to help reduce congestion.
BNA asks that you please –
- Ensure your members leave enough time to find a park (either within BNA or in surrounding streets) or drop players off so that players are not late for their game start.
- Ensure that your Umpires are aware of this issue and ask them to leave plenty of time to sign on for their games.
- Ask your members to be patient when parking – we will have parking attendants (volunteers) who will assist with directing traffic on the day to help provide as many carparks as possible.
- Request that your members follow the instructions provided to them by our parking attendants as we would like Saturday to be incident and accident free.
- We will be posting updates on our Facebook page and website as well as Team App during this week to help inform people.
Alternate parking areas around BNA –
- Davenport St
- Parkhill St
- Gallagher Tce (access through to BNA)
- Alice St
- Lawley St
- Parkdale St
- Kitchener Rd
- Batten St