2018 Winter Selections
To our fabulous Kedron Lions Netball Club Inc. players – welcome to the 2018 BNA Winter season!
KL maintain a Winter/Summer team selection format, where the core of each team is maintained from Winter to Summer season.
Factors that can affect this are TIP selections, players not re-signing, injury etc.
Team coaches complete a detailed season performance assessment, providing valuable feedback that is added to active play assessment and trialling performance, all of which is then compiled by the grading panel and Coaching Director.
There are obviously many factors in consideration when teams are selected:
- Players’ behavior;
- Adherence to the Kedron Lions Netball Club Inc. and Netball Australia codes of behavior.
- Skill level;
- Player potential;
- Player’s position preference;
- Team balance; and
- Training attendance record.
Taking all of the above into account, we will also try to meet parental and player requests where possible.
If regarded as mature enough, some players may be selected in an age division above their age group. In addition to the factors listed above, when determining whether a player is suitable for such a selection, KL may also consider matching a player’s strengths and potential to a certain coach, and whether their court position will be better served in an older age division. Please also note that the preferred team member number is 8, 9 or 10 players per team, and this may be an additional necessary consideration.
- We aim to release teams with allocated coaches or managers listed where possible.
- Once 2018 Winter Season teams have been released, each team coach and manager will receive a player and (where applicable) parent contact and Medical information list.
- Expect contact soon after regards training times etc.
- Personal information is to be treated confidentially.
- It is expected that each player will notify the coach and manager in a timely manner of any inability to train or play.
- Each player has access to the draw via the BNA website, Mynetball App and via a link from WWW.KLNETBALL.COM and will be provided game details each week via email or text from the team manager.
- Training courts are allocated by BNA on a percentage preferential basis. This is a new concept, and we may need your patience while this new concept is streamlined.
- Training will most likely be of a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night. This is by the coach’s request. All Go, Junior, Intermediate and coached senior teams are required to attend training.
- Again this winter season we have engaged weekly Wednesday shooter training sessions and a schedule will be disseminated before season start.
- Div 1 and 2 Senior will be able to access a fortnightly KL PT Intensive and fortnightly group training and specialist sessions each alternate Tuesday night – more detail will be forwarded to the players concerned directly.
Filling in for another Kedron Lions team
- GO players cannot play up in Juniors, Inters or Divisions. They can play across the GO section if needed.
- All other players may play a fixture game for another Kedron Lions Saturday team, as per the rules of the association.
- Players may NOT play across the same division or a grade lower.
- A player can only play out of their own team on 2 occasions without penalty.
- The coach of the player being asked to play elsewhere should be contacted if possible and both the player and team manager MUST notify the KL Club Secretary of this ‘playing up’ event.
We wish all the best for our Teams Selected this 2018 Winter season!
KEDRON LIONS CLUB PRESIDENT
Assistant Coach: Leanne Bensted
Assistant Coach: Michelle McMinn
Assistant Coach: Ellie Willis
Aoife Ni Chinneide
Caileigh Fowler/Kelsey Pugsley
Bri McCarthy/Wendy Hopsick
Assistant Coach: Shelly Fernandez
Molly McLarnon/Ebony McLagan
Manager: Lauren Schodel
OPENS FOR WEDNESDAY
Jemima Patch Taylor
OPENS FOR SATURDAY
Assistant Coach: Ian Giles
In winter two years ago we had 249 players across 28 teams. We have an enormous demand this season with approximately 360 players selected in 40 teams across Saturday and Wednesday Night Opens competition.
Kedron is fielding:
93 NetSetGo players (U10s)
81 Juniors players (U11 and U12)
90 Intermediate players (U15)
37 Saturday Open players
51 Wednesday Opens players
Congratulations to you all who have been selected in a team! Coaches or captains will be in contact with you soon.
Training will commence next week for games commencing Saturday 12th March 2016.
Competition grading will occur at the BNA affiliation night next Monday and coaches will be advised of those outcomes.
For everyone who has ordered a uniform, unfortunately we have had some manufacturing delays but these should be available mid-next week. More details around pick up arrangements will be forwarded as we take delivery.